Monday, November 4, 2013

Day 2

Today's walk was much smoother... literally.  I walked 2 miles on the track at school and averaged 21 minutes for each.  I was not a happy camper during the first lap, but by the time I finished the first mile, I was feeling pretty good and jamming to the iPod.  I've already noticed an increase in my energy level, so that is encouraging :)

Downside?  I am STARVING!!!  I'm trying to drink a lot of water to fill my belly, but I want to stuff my face with pasta.  Since I'm gluten intolerant, that would be a bad plan, but you get what I mean.  I'm going to try some grapes for an evening snack, but if you have any suggestions about how to deal with this hunger, please let me know.  Also, if you're looking for decent, gluten-free recipes, the blog written at PaleOMG is hysterical!  www.paleomg.com

Moving on... I'm already planning my first fundraiser and things are looking good.  It's less than two weeks away, but it's being co-hosted by a great friend with fabulous entertaining skills, so I'm not worried in the least.  Raising $2,300 is a tall order, but I have full faith that I can do it in ten months with the support of great friends and family.  If you have fundraiser ideas, please comment below.  I appreciate any suggestions, but especially those that are out of the ordinary and might raise interest from people not otherwise inclined to donate.

If you'd like to donate, follow the link on the right side of the page or click here ( Donate to Carly's Walk ) and then give yourself a big hug for me.

Note: I don't plan to write every day.  It will probably be once or twice each week except for this first week.  Right now, while everything is new to me (including blogging) I plan to write just to keep my interest and motivation up.  Knowing somebody might actually read this encourages me to get out there again tomorrow so THANK YOU FOR BEING THERE.  I really do appreciate it.

2 comments: