Saturday, March 1, 2014

Feeling Better

It's been a rough couple of weeks.  But, even with the impending snow storm, signs of spring are everywhere and I'm starting to feel like myself again.

I apologize for the lack of writing, but I haven't had much to write about.  Three weeks ago, I was supposed to complete 13 miles during the week.  I did zero.  Two weeks ago, I was expecting 14 miles.  I got 2.75.  Over this last week (ends tomorrow) I planned for 13.  So far I have 4.5.  I'm planning 6.5 tomorrow and I hope the weather cooperates.  If it happens, I'll have 11 miles for the week.  Progress will be made!

Today started out with breakfast at an old school "lunch counter" with the biggest omelet I've ever eaten.  Midlothian Apothecary is fantastic and I can't wait to stop in for lunch and a milkshake; I hear they are amazing.



Cute, right?

Today's walk was just that, not a hike. That's okay since I'm out of practice.  It was a GREAT day to walk along the James River right here in Richmond.  We are lucky enough to have a decent park system along the water that makes for beautiful views.  A couple of friends joined us and tons of people took advantage of the sunny weather.  Thanks to Kelly and Todd for spending their morning with us.  We've never taken one of these hikes with anybody else and the miles flew by while we chatted.  We took lots of pictures, so I'll just upload some of them.  Notice the icicles on the falls.  It was chilly!


 The Boulevard Bridge (Nickel Bridge) with The Carillon in the background.

Icicles hanging from the branches stuck on the falls.

Like I said, it was a pretty walk.  Tomorrow's won't be pretty, but it will be effective and the day is supposed to be warm in front of the coming storm.  I enjoyed my romp through Woodlake last time I did their 10K trail, so hopefully it will work for me again.

While I haven't been walking much, I have been working on fundraising events.  I'm looking forward to happy hour and shopping for a cause at F.W. Sullivan's Canal Bar & Grille on March 11.  If you can come out for the fun, it starts at 5 pm.  If not, please check out the links below and, if you're in need of any products, please buy through my parties.  If you can't come out that night and you don't want to buy anything from the links, it's no problem.  I have several events planned between now and September!  Of course, if you'd like to help, don't live in the area, and don't want to buy anything from an online party.... just donate using one of the many links on this page :)

Here are the fabulous products and party links:

Great products for entertaining in your home.  I LOVE their sangria mix and several of their cheese ball recipes.
Shop using this link:  Tastefully Simple Direct Link


Beautiful bags with all types of colors and fonts to embroider and personalize.  I have one bag for school, another for workout clothes, and two thermal bags.  They are super durable and look great.
Shop using this link:  Thirty One Gifts Direct Link


Open-style locket necklaces and bracelets you personalize with your favorites.  These are always a hit and I can't wait to make one to commemorate my training, fundraising, and amazing journey.
Shop using this link:  Origami Owl Direct Link


Body wraps, supplements, moisturizers, and more!  These products make you shine inside and out.  Shop using the link below and comment that it is for my party.
Shop using this link:  It Works Direct Shopping Link

Thanks so much for any support you can offer.  
Hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment