Monday, December 2, 2013

Glorious Relaxation

Has there ever been anything more luxurious than a HOT, steaming shower after a LONG, crappy day?

Now, don't get your panties all in a bunch.  I'm not talking about anything dirty here.  I'm actually talking about a shower to cleanse oneself.

Due to unfortunate circumstances, I was unable to shower this morning, making me quite the funky-monkey for my school day. Sorry kids!!  Then, I attended a faculty meeting, walked a mile, and tutored for an hour before an AWFUL drive home.  What is up with the traffic out there???  It took me about 50 minutes to make a 30 minute commute and my windshield was hit multiple times by rocks coming from a dump truck.  Infuriating, right?  So, I wanted nothing more than to crawl under the covers with all the animales and snuggle/sleep until morning.  I was even willing to give up dinner for some blissful ambivalence to the world.

But, no!  I told myself, "Self, get your stinky arse in the shower right now!  After that, you have to prepare for tomorrow.  Then, and only then, may you climb into bed."

"Okay, fine," I said.  I can be so bossy!

Well, it ended up being the best decision of my day.  I walked out of that bathroom rejuvenated, ready to make dinner, and even (possibly) deal with some laundry.

So... My advice to you for when/if you have a stinky day (literally or figuratively) is this...  When you get home, before you do ANYTHING else, shove your pets, kids, spouses aside and have this lovely "me" time.  Use the good shampoo and lather, rinse, repeat.  Shave with the five blade razor: smoother = happier.  And, break out the fancy face scrub; you know you have it somewhere.  You'll leave that shower a new woman (or man - you guys need to exfoliate too!)  Trust me, especially if you're a morning showerer, this will give you a second wind.  I mean, LOOK at this; I typed a whole blog because I feel so good.  Do yourself a favor and use this cheap, at home, relaxation method.

Namaste

P.S.  I did hike over the weekend.  It was boring; not much else to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment